Return to Coonhound Cafe Main Menu
Recipes for Grooming Table Parties
Always bring an extra Grooming Table for the Food!
All Recipes Have Been Taste Tested By Handlers, Owners, and Exhibitors
Take Left-Overs With You to Show, Can Be A "Finger" Food!
- 6 beaten eggs
- 2 c. milk
- 3 slices of white bread, cubed
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. dry mustard
- 1 lb. good pork sausage
- 1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
Brown and drain sausage. Place in the bottom of a 9 X 13 cake pan. Combine other
ingredients and pour over the sausage. Place in fridge overnight. bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Let stand for a few minutes before serving, if you can keep the hungry hordes away. Also I like to spray the pan before starting for an easier clean-up.
This is a great dish for when the show is near your house and you have overnight guests. And just as great if you find no one has time to eat before going to the show site, because you can take it along and eat it as finger food!!
Unplug the blow dryer for the poodles set up next to you and plug in your crock pot for a nice hot meal!
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground ham
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 2 3/4 cup of vinegar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
Mix meats, milk, eggs and cracker crumbs together and shape in 1 inch balls. Heat the soup, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard and pour over
ham balls. Freeze. Take to dog show and put in crock pot on high in the morning and have a nice hot meal in the afternoon before groups!
Add Extra Lemon Juice for a Little Kick!
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 2 cups cool whip
- 1 egg
Mix well, make small balls and roll in powered sugar. Bake 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Also wonderful with chocolate cake mix
Mom's Potato Salad
Just the Way Mom Made It!
- 6 potatoes
- 6 eggs
- mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- green olives
- salt and pepper
Boil potatoes and eggs. Cool, peel potatoes and eggs and cut into bite
Salt and pepper to taste.
Add one big spoon of mayonnaise for each potato.
Add one small chopped onion. Chop one cup of pimento stuffed green salad olives.
Mix well - add more mayonnaise to taste.
For larger or smaller batches, use the same amount of
potatoes+eggs+spoons of mayo. Adjust the amount of olives to taste. (I
have tried Miracle Whip and it doesn't seem to go well with the olives.)
MyWay Potato Salad
Doing It My-Way!
- boil and peel potatoes --as many as you want-- 5lbs. goes along way!
- add following ingredients to taste:
- Hellman's mayonnaise
- regular mustard
- chopped red onion
- chopped or sliced black olives
- chopped or sliced green olives
- chopped hard boiled eggs
- chopped dill pickles
- cooked bacon slices--broken into small pieces
mix in bowl---chill and serve!!
Punch Bowl Cake
Enough to Feed a Crowd!!!!
- 1 box of Yellow Cake Mix, baked
- 1 Large box of Vanilla Pudding, made as directed
- 2 bananas
- 1 can of pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 1 container of Cool Whip
Treats for People!!!!
- 9 cups of Chex cereal
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of margarine
- 1 pound of powdered sugar
Melt chocolate, peanut butter, vanilla and margarine. Pour over Chex
cereal and mix. Put powdered sugar in large bag and pour Chocolate
covered Chex in bag. Shake until all pieces are covered. Spread in
cake pan and let cool.
Shirley's Pasta Salad
It Just Keeps Getting Better!
- 1 small package multi-colored twist pasta
- 1 bag frozen mixed veggies (I like the Chinese varieties)
- 1 bunch fresh green onions
- 1 package Hidden Valley Original Dry Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 can tuna (or approx 6-8 ozs of any cooked meat, i.e.. chicken, turkey, etc.)
- 1 bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
Cook pasta, let cool, and add remaining ingredients. (tough, huh?) Oh, chop the onions first, including the tops.
If you prefer you may use fresh veggies, cauliflower, broccoli, or any you are particularly fond of.
Chill, allowing salad to set at least a couple of hours for flavors to blend before serving.
This salad will keep for 4-5 days refrigerated and it just keeps getting better.
Delicious and Spicy
- 1/2 pound of spaghetti, broken in thirds
- 1 large firm tomato, chopped
- 3 Tablespoon of chopped onion
- 2 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 8 ounce bottle of Italian Salad Dressing
- Seasoned Croutons
- Parmesan Cheese
Cook the spaghetti and drain. Add onion, tomato, mushrooms, garlic, oregano, green pepper and salad dressing. Cover and let set in refrigerator over night. Just before serving add the croutons and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
Delicious on Crackers!
- 1 8 oz Pkg soft cream cheese
- 1 Pkg dried beef
- 1 can black olives
- 1 bunch of green onions
Mix well, chill and serve with crackers.
Delicious and Ready To Go the Next Morning
- 2Tablespoons of oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 1/2 pkg. Ramen Noodles (uncooked)
- 8 greens onions, sliced
- 1 large head cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 6 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Heat oil in a skillet and toast sesame seeds and almonds until browned.
In a large bowl combine onions, cabbage, noodles, toasted seeds and
almonds. Combine dressing ingredients and then mix well with salad.
Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
Serves about 10.
Back to main cook book
RETURN TO ABTCC MAIN PAGE
Wallpaper is compliments of
Fuzzy Faces Free Dog Graphics